**WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!
Okay! So The Mortal Instruments (TMI): City of Bones has been out for more than a week now and I want to know what you guys thought of it! I’ve seen it twice now, and planning to go see it Friday in IMAX! 🙂 I absolutely love the movie! It was almost perfect! But there were a few things that disappointed me. In my opinion, I don’t think they gave enough detail to the audience about the backgrounds of Shadowhunters, Downworlders, and etc.
Lets break it down right quick:
1) They did not state that fairies are real
2) Simon did not turn into that cute little mouse, then he gets bitten by the vampires and not vice versa.
3) Why was Valentine and Jace fighting and not Luke and Valentine?
4) And why was Clary using a rune to clean her house? Like really now? -__-
5) And my all time annoyance…Luke Garroway. I really wished they gave at least a little information about his life. They made it seem like he grew up as a Downworlder. They didn’t even say he use to be a Shadowhunter. From the little information they gave us, it seemed like Luke was a Downworlder in Valentine’s Circle. I didn’t like that at all.
6) The ending with Valentine exploding in the portal and how Clary kept the cup? Whats going to happen now since she has the cup??
1) I have to say, Robert Sheehan is the perfect Simon! With the books, I’m Team Jace, but when I watched the movie? I was definitely Team Simon! My favorite part was when he caught Clary and Jace kissing. All that emotion on his face just made my heart ache. I felt so bad for him. He played that part to a tee!
2) The scene when they kidnap Jocelyn was great! That dog/demon thing was really nasty looking though..but it was cool! 😉
3) The vampire fight scene? AWESOME!!!
4) The humor was perfect. From Clary getting a weird look from the business men in the alley when she’s screaming at Jace to the bickering between Simon and Jace…I loved it.
5) That scene with the demon girl who is just skipping in the street? Talk about creepy! But it was awesome! (lol)
The cast played their roles perfectly! But uh…am I the only one that thought Jace was bit creepy? Especially when he was playing that piano. If I’m comparing the movie to the book…ehh..I would rate the movie a 7 out of 10. But rating the movie by itself? 10 out of 10. I really enjoyed it! Thats why I’m going see it a third time!
What are ya’ll thoughts about the movie? What did you like and dislike? Was there a scene you really wanted to see that they left out? Comment below! 🙂