This is my first year presenting Tis the Year and also the first series I have created myself.
Tis the Year: Who Made the List? is a series that will be held each year in December one day a week. There are three categories: Best Female and Male Character, Outstanding Author, and Book of the Year. This series gives you a chance to look back at all the books you have read within the year and share the characters, authors, and books that have stood out to you and warmed your heart the most..
To join in, all you have to do is share one book, one male and female character, and one author one day a week for three weeks.
This week I will be presenting my favorite Best Female and Male Character of the year.
To participate, look back at all the main characters you’ve read about this year and narrow it down to one male and female character you think should have a few moments in the spotlight…
**So for 2013, the winners for Best Female and Male Character goes to…
Hunter Wilder and Ally Ryan!
Best Male Character
Crush Series main character Hunter Wilder, was created by Lacey Weatherford.
- Appearance: Hispanic/ 6″3/ “perfect, white teeth”/ “plump lips”/ “cool scented aftershave”/ black hair/ “chocolate colored eyes…they had little drops of caramel scattered through them”/ “muscled physique”/ -(pp.18-19)
- Personality/Traits: gentlemen, funny, sporty (basketball and football), respectful, bad boy
- Synopsis: …Hunter Wilder does not want a girlfriend—that would complicate his life way too much right now. He especially doesn’t want this girl, Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes, so how come he can’t keep his eyes off her? He tries to keep her at arms length, but fate seems to keep pushing them together. Before long, it’s obvious to everyone they’re crushing on each other.As sparks begin to fly, Hunter finds himself sinking deeper and deeper into hot water. Soon he’s scrambling to keep Cami from discovering his dark secret—one that can destroy their entire relationship.
Cami POV: “You have no idea how deep the level of my depravity is right now.” He chuckled. / “Are you subtly telling me you’re the wolf in sheep’s clothing?”/ “There’s no subtle about it. I’m flat out telling you.” His eyes roamed over me hungrily, and I knew he was being serious. For whatever reason, I wasn’t scared. I felt safe with him.
Here is my book review of Crush (Crush #1) by Lacey Weatherford.
Best Female Character
He’s So/ She’s So Trilogy main character Ally Ryan, was created by Kieran Scott.
- Appearance: Caucasian/ long, frizzy brown hair/ tall/ brown eyes
- Personality/Traits: sporty (basketball), confident, feisty, independent, tomboy, fun
- Synopsis: Ally Ryan would rather be in Maryland. She would rather be anywhere, in fact, than Orchard Hill, site of her downfall. Well, not hers exactly—but when your father’s hedge fund goes south and all your friends lose their trust funds, things don’t look so sunny for you. Her mother moved her to Maryland to flee the shame, but now they’re moving back. Back to the country-club, new-car-every-year, my-family-came-over-on-the-Mayflower lifestyle that Ally has outgrown. One bright spot, however, is gorgeous, intense Jake Graydon. But it won’t be easy for the two of them to be together—not if his friends (her former friends) have anything to say about it. Is Ally ready to get thrown back into the drama of the life she left behind?
Jake POV: She quickly reached for her putty knife, but it slipped out of her hand. We both grabbed for it, and my gloved fingers closed over hers. We froze. I stared down at our plastic hands, my heart pounding. / “Well,” Ally said. “That’s romantic.
Here is my book review over She’s So Dead To Us (She’s So/ He’s So #1) by Kieran Scott
Ha-ha. I just notice both these characters are into sports! Well, I’m interested in sports…basketball in particular. (Woooo Go Golden State Warriors and Okaholma Thunder!) *clears thoart* but anyways…This shouldn’t be a surprise to me that I would pick two sporty characters..but it kinda is.
This is how I picture these two awesome characters:
I highly recommend you these two books on the top of your TBR list…They’re great! Both books have two different point of views:
Crush (Cami and Hunter POV) and She’s So/ He’s So (Jake and Ally POV)…
Crush and She’s So Dead To Us are both funny and will take you on an emotional rollercoaster just the way a fangirl loves it!
I hope you enjoyed learning about these two characters..hopefully I will continue this blog series every year.
Happy Reading! xoxo